Friday, July 29, 2016

Gonna have Mike Zeck sign this!


The Punisher Magazine was published in May of 1989 as a re-print publication for the first ever Punisher regular series. 


To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Mike Zeck's work. I picked up his Captain America simply because I was a Cap fan. I skipped Punisher: Circle of Blood because of that... until I bought this magazine. 

Mike did the painted cover for #1 and all the interior art! Fabulous, isn't it?

Mike's art really stood out in this black and white format. It was then I realized that the colorist didn't match his palette to suit Mike's art style. 

I did eventually pick up Circle of Blood but this B&W magazine is still my fave. 

Am glad that I still have this after all these years. And with Mike coming over for AsiaPop 2016, am gonna shake his hand and ask him to sign this.



No comments:

Post a Comment