Sunday, November 17, 2013

Art with Heart at FullyBooked November 16


Last Saturday, November 16, my fave comic book specialty store, Comic Odyssey, and my favorite book specialty store, Fully Booked, held a charity event for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda (international code name: Haiyan). Top Filipino comic book artists and rising indie illustrators got together to provide sketches for fans. I haven't attended anything like this since 2004 (and that was in New York) and it was a whole lot of fun. Tepai Pascual, who drew Maktan, sketched for me one of my fave Marvel heroes in Cyclops! Cool.


Old friend Ariel Atienza drew one of my favorite comic book characters of all time -- the late Dave Stevens' The Rocketeer.


Got to have a Batgirl print signed by superstar artist Jay Anacleto as well. His Aria series with writer Brian Holguin for Image Comics remain a favorite to this day.


Stephen Segovia signed a Batman print for me! The dude has amazing art!



The pictures above and below are from the art auction. The one on top is a gorgeous illustration of Tony Stark while below, these are artworks from an Indonesian artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment