Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Pull List for the Week and Star Wars #7 is my fave



As much as I have been a Star Wars fan since 1977, I never really took to the comic books. Somehow, in its return to Marvel, I decided to give the various titles a try. And they have been consistently some of the best that Marvel has been putting out. The Princess Leia limited series might be the weakest of the bunch but it isn't so bad. Lando started out well; a good indication that writer Charles Soule has a good grasp of the character. 

But the main title... Star Wars... is the best. In the latest issue #7, Obi-Wan Kenobi takes center stage. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Obi-Wan but I'd chalk that up as the late Sir Alec Guinness portraying the Jedi Master at an older age as opposed to Ewan McGregor's version who was younger and bold. Star Wars #7 features a story of the McGregor version although post-fall of the Republic where he is disillusioned and lives the life of a hermit in Tatooine. And it is darn good. Simon Bianchi did the art and it fits pretty good right in this series after John Cassaday.

It does top DD #17 and Low #8. As for IDW's Transformers vs GI Joe? I am loving that series as only a kid can. Arcee, baby!

The rest of the week's Pull List:
Star Wars #7
Transformers vs. GI Joe #8
Daredevil #17
Low #8
Sabrina #4
Thors #2
Superman #42

No comments:

Post a Comment