Thursday, January 9, 2014

Buried treasures: Finding Dale Keown's Dragonforce in the bargain bins years ago


In an entry the other day, I mentioned that I found Pacific Comics Presents #2 that featured The Rocketeer on the cover in the bins of Booksale. Sometime after that, I picked up these books on whim. They are Dragonforce from Aircel comics. I have to admit that the covers piqued my interest even without knowing anything about the books or even the creators. Furthermore, all the books are in black and white. What makes it even better is they are without the tags that are normally pasted onto stuff that is sold on Booksale's bins. How did this happen? I have no idea.

Anyways, years later, this artist shot to stardom with Marvel's The Incredible Hulk and that was Dale Keown. When I read in a magazine that he once drew Dragonforce, I immediately pulled out those back issues that had been forgotten. And yep, Dale Keown all right.

I am glad I held on to these books more so now since I have a better appreciation for the independent titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment